Chambray Fabric Face Mask -kid's sm/med
With Ellie Fun Day's combined 20+ years in textile manufacturing, design-thinking and product development and with approval from their network of doctors from esteemed hospitals we have developed a mask for everyday use to help potentially curtail the spread of person-to-person droplet transmission. Please note that a fabric mask is not meant to replace the efficiency of a N95 mask, however, there are some studies that show wearing a homemade mask is better than not wearing one at all. Doctors in Asia have highlighted the fact that universal mask-wearing had helped curtail the spread of the Covid-19 virus. Let’s do our part as a community to stop the spread of germs and #spreadlove instead. With each mask you buy Ellie Fun Day will donate a fabric mask to our local hospital that is in need of a PPE.
*NOTE: slight fabric & elastic color and may vary pending availability. These are non-returnable and non-refundable due to sanitation concerns. Please understand this before purchasing.
- Outer layer: 100% cotton chambray: we’ve chosen this fabric for its tightly woven nature and durability. This lightweight fabric allows for breathability and for use with a filter.
- Lining layer: our signature 100% cotton double weave muslin: in order for there to be a balance of air-flow and comfort, double weave cotton muslin allows for breathability and absorbs moisture.
- Back insert pocket for inserting a filter
Sizing: kid's sm : fits approximately 4-6 year old with an adjustable elastic knot. Please measure your child before purchasing as these are non-returnable. The CDC does not recommend children under 2 years old to wear a mask.
- Sizing: kid's med = 6-10 years old, 5.6" x 6" see size chart
- Insert a filter: insert a disposable HEPA filter into the pocket of the mask. You can find them easily accessible at a home-goods store.
- Adjust for fit: for a true seal to work, use double sided tape on the edges to ensure that air flows through the mask and not seep through the edges.
- Clean & sanitize: dispose of the filter after each use and wash your mask in hot water and tumble dry low. Iron and reuse!
NOTE: This mask is not FDA approved and is not a direct substitute for N95 masks. This product is non-returnable and discounts do not apply.